Joy Rising

Sometimes you don’t realize the weight of something you have been carrying until you feel the weight of its release. -unknown

No quilt talk today, just very personal joy. We had a gathering this weekend in celebration of the “gender reveal” of  twin GRANDCHILDREN soon to come. Only one person in the group knew the gender of the babies. Emily’s dear childhood friend Ansley. The secret was sealed and mailed to Ansley right after the doctors appointment. Ansley, in true Ansley style set about decorating two giagantic boxes filled with balloons that were to released to the sky at the reveal..(and to sweet baby brother Jackson gone too soon) . Ansley is one special young woman let me just say that. She did an amazing job. She and Emily met in First grade!

boxes

All this was super exciting  there was screaming and merriment, jumping and clapping, laughing and crying galore. Here is my take on the whole thing.

The gender reveal was in NO way about finding out gender. We could careless what the gender was.We just want healthy and breathing! It was the beginning of a giant turn in the road for our family. A time to finally be joyful.

Emily jump

I knew all this going into the evening but what I did not know was what my reaction would be to all of this. All I can say is that there are times in life that bring you to your knees in different ways. The death of Jackson was one of those of course. This was another one for me in a different way. In a simple evening I felt joy to such a degree that I swear you could see it and touch it. I was overwhelmed by, and I am forever humbled by that. To the people that have supported us for two years. To those friends and family that prayed, cried and silently kept our family close at heart for 2 long years. I swear I will NEVER get over it never forget or be able to repay. My gratitude knows NO BOUNDS. Quite simply I am still knocked down to the floor on my knees in grateful appreciation for all that saw us through these dark dark times.We are richly blessed with friends.I will never take that for granted. EVER.

reveal

My daughter and Son in LOVE are back…they are happy. Seeing them happy and hopeful again is all a Mother and Father could possibly ask. The saying “A mother is only as happy as her saddest child” is so true. During the days after the loss of Jackson Emily asked me, “Mom, will we ever be happy and MEAN IT again?”. I said yes but I really wasn’t sure of that either. Today and every day going forward I can say with confidence!!!!

YES MY DARLINGS, OH HELLLL YES!

and we mean it now!

To friends far and near…eternal gratitude..easy words to say but said with all my heart and seriousness here!

To those babies warm and snug, growing everyday inside with their mommy,

Owen Andrew DeLoach and Walker Neil DeLoach

you are going to be loved and celebrated by a lot of people. Cherrished as ALL children should be. We can’t wait for your arrival.

reveal

This one is hilliarious I couldn’t resist!

unnamed

Comments

1. 1
    Debbie Maddy says

I am soooo happy for you and your children!
    Debbie

2. 2
    Julie Meigs Stewart says

What a sweet post! I am so happy for you all.

3. 3
    Leiann Heid says

Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for your family! It is so good to see the happiness, joy and smiles on their faces and hear/read it in your voice through your words!

4. 4
    Mary Green says

I can feel the joy from here! Congratulations to you all. You’re going to be an awesome gramma.

5. 5

I’m so HAPPY to see and hear the kind of joy that takes your breath away. You bet I’m praying for them and can’t wait to meet them. A hug to all of you!

6. 6

“Praise God from whom all blessings flow”!

7. 7
    Rori Jensen says

Congratulations and I shed a tear of JOY for you all!!! I have thought of you often and would send up a quick prayer for the healing of your hearts. There is such joy and ACTIVITY in having two boys. You will be a blessing to your daughter and son-in-love.

8. 8

I thought these were Jackson’s parents but I wasn’t sure. Oh, how wonderful. Congratulations. I can’t even begin to imagine the joy you are all feeling. It’s such a true blessing. Feeling your happiness all the way in NH and celebrating with all of you. Hooray! Can’t wait to see the babies. =)

9. 9

WHOO HOOO! I am so excited for you and your family. Two boys…wow!

10. 10

Pat and Andy,
    Just enjoy every moment! Grandchildren are such a special gift…but you already know that!

11. 11

Oh, Pat, such a beautiful post and brilliant news! Congratulations, Grandma! Those two boys will be so loved. 🙂

12. 12
    Chris Gant says

Awesome!!! It’s so nice to see everyone happy and hopeful for a bright future!
    Congrats to all!!!

13. 13

Such happiness for the whole family! Congrats to all!!!!

14. 14
    Suzanne Groover says

It was a real thrill to be part of such a special occasion with a family I have loved for many years. The tears were behind us on Saturday as we all cheered and laughed and smiled! I can not wait to meet the DeLoach boys! God bless this entire family!

15. 15

What a special double blessing for your family! As the grandmother of twin boys, soon to be 3years old, I know what special joy they bring to our lives.

Trackbacks